The Mazas Pantazes Team
At Mazas Pantazes , we hold ourselves to a very high standard. We are experts in our field, but we are also careful listeners who are open to your ideas, and our services are only a phone call away.
Founders and Partners
Bill W. Mazas is one of the founding partners of Mazas Pantazes Architecture and Design. Bill began his studies in Montreaux, Switzerland, majoring in Hospitality. He later went on to run a major resort on the Island of Corfu in Greece. After designing numerous projects in Greece, including resorts and a theme park, Bill decided to return to the United States. He wanted a change of pace and got involved in real-estate development in Florida. Since 2001, Bill has created various companies involved in the design, construction, and management of many hospitality, commercial and multi-family residential projects.
One of the key reasons for the formation of Mazas Pantazes was Bill’s frustration with projects that, although beautifully designed, lacked many of the details required for actual construction. This poor planning resulted in numerous change orders and cost overruns, creating strained relationships between the architect, contractor, and owner. Because of this, Bill and John decided to start a firm that would design only using the latest technologies, involving the client from start to finish. Bill’s eye for detail complements the team, adding that extra attention that can only be seen by the client.
Partner, Principal Architect
John is a principal and founder of the firm, with 20 years of experience as an architect. His big picture thinking and excellent problem solving skills make him a great asset to any team, whether he’s leading or consulting. Excellent design instincts, innovative management systems and gifted people skills are part of what John brings to the process. He is committed to a successful outcome for every project he undertakes.
John is a licensed architect in the state of Florida and North Carolina. He attended Florida A&M University in Tallahassee.
- Brightwater Blue Vacation Resort – Clearwater, Florida
- Midway Island House – Clearwater, Florida
- Somerset Beach Club – Clearwater, Florida
- Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church – Clearwater, Florida
- Thompson Theater, NCSU – Raleigh, North Carolina
- Petty Science Building, UNC – Greensboro, North Carolina
- White Chapel and Palm Harbor Community Center – Palm Harbor, FL.
- RBC Centura Bank De novo prototypes – located in multiple states
- Wachovia De novo prototypes – located in multiple states
- Saint Nicholas Community Center – Tarpon Springs, FL
- PSCU Call Center – Clearwater, Florida
Chris has over 20 years of experience using 3D BIM (Building Information Modeling) software. He is an expert in ArchiCAD and a skilled at the development and coding of 3D parametric objects. Chris is also passionate about 3D rendering, animation, and stereoscopic virtual reality presentation, and frequently uses Artlantis, Twinmotion, Lumion, Photoshop and other software to create both photo-realistic and stylized visualizations of projects.
A seasoned veteran in the BIM software industry, Chris has worked directly with companies such as Graphisoft, Abvent, and BIMobject to evangelize the transition from CAD to BIM in architectural firms. At the height of his involvement, he was managing an international team that provided development, sales, training, and support to more than 50,000 architects and designers worldwide.
Chris attended Miami University’s 4-year Bachelor of Environmental Design program and North Carolina State University’s 2-year Master of Architecture program.
Terence is an accomplished professional with a solid 15 years of experience. He has skills in residential, retail, industrial, and federal projects. Terence has established a reputation for integrating innovative design with the functional and technical requirements of each project. Terence brings to our team his mastery of Revit as an added advantage for implementing BIM (Building Information Modeling) processes, clash detection of systems and BIM project delivery. Terence has a passion for overseeing the entire life cycle of projects from designing and documentation to construction administration.
Terence received his Associate of Arts at St. Petersburg College, Masters of Architecture at University of South Florida School of Architecture and Community Design, and a 5 year Architecture degree from the University of North Carolina and University of Florida.
- Somerset Beach Club – Clearwater Beach, FL
- Air National Guard Special Operations Administration and Maintenance Renovation – MacDill Air Force Base, FL
- Linder Regional Airport Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) – Lakeland, FL
- Vance Air Force Base Air Traffic Control Tower – Enid, OK
- Tampa International Airport Terminal Expansion Concept Design – Tampa, FL
- S. Border Patrol Station Complex – Comstock, TX
- FDOT Collier Area Transit (CAT) Radio Road – Collier County, FL
- King Abdulaziz International Airport – Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Southwest Florida Airport Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting Facility – Fort Myers, FL
- Air Traffic Control Tower and Radar Approach Control Facility – Grand Forks Air Force Base, ND
Natassa is an innovative interior design consultant who focuses on the core needs of her clients. Her passion for design pushed her to focus on her education in Design. She has a Bachelors Degree in Theatre Design from the University of South Florida and a Bachelors degree in Interior Design from the Art Institute of Tampa. She is currently working towards her interior design license. Natassa believes that design allows you to unravel the layers to a problem and create a solution…a thought process with no limitations.
Natassa has worked in commercial and residential projects in Tampa and in New York. She budgets projects and works closely with project managers and clients to ensure that everything runs smoothly. With her primary focus being kitchen and bath design, she has a varied skill set that includes schematic design, space planning, hand rendering, and design software including AutoCAD and 2020.
Thomas is a designer who specializes in architectural CAD, 3D modeling and rendering software, including ArchiCAD, Revit, AutoCAD and Lumion. Thomas attended the Bachelors program at the Technological Institution of Crete in the Department of Civil & Structural Engineering. During his time in Greece, he worked as a Project Manager on a variety of projects, including schools, multi-family residential dwellings, highway improvements, and high-end homes. Since moving to the U.S., he has been involved in a number of single and multi-family residential projects, religious facilities, mixed use developments, and commercial projects. He is currently obtaining his engineering license in the U.S.
Amalia has been a designer with the firm since early 2015. Along with schematic design, she manages production, submittals, construction drawings & administration, and coordinates with consultants. She manages projects to ensure every detail meets our standards of design and function.
Amalia received her Masters of Architecture at University of South Florida School of Architecture and Community Design. She also attended Earth Building Training at Auroville Earth Institute in India.
- 2010: The Planning Commission 28th Annual Community Design Awards Award of Excellence in Master Planning & Urban Design. Project “Urban Green Community: Revitalizing the South Nebraska District”, teammates: Kirsten Dahlquist and Li Yu
- 2009: Green Community International Competition. Third Place for “Urban Green Community: Revitalizing the South Nebraska District”. Competition organized by the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture and the National Building Museum. 260 submitted projects from 1322 students and 15 countries.
- 2008: USF International Affairs Photo Competition. Honorable Mention in portrait category.
- 2007: AIA Miami International Photo Competition. People’s Choice Award